By Kaitlyn Crawford
As you may know, we are always on the hunt for the best-of-the-best hair products. So, Dimensions has decided to bring Moroccanoil® haircare products into the salon (in addition to our much-loved Aveda).
I personally love many things about the brand: the company stands for and believes in empowering women, the fancy blue packaging and the exotic aroma. BUT, I thought “Moroccanoil…that must be only good for my ‘thick, coarse-haired’ friends.”
Despite my skepticism that Moroccanoil® and my fine frizzy hair were destined to be enemies, I LOVED my results after trying the products on my hair!
Real-talk moment: these two photos are both me!
• The left is my air-dried fine but very frizzy hair.
• The right is what I’d like to call thicker, smoother, epic hair.
I’d like to share with you how I achieved this look:
- I first fell in ♡ with the exotic Moroccanoil® aroma
- Shampoo, rinse, repeat and conditioned with Moroccanoil Extra Volume Shampoo ($24) and Conditioner ($25).
- Prepping my hair is essential. There is really no way around it if I’m expecting this “oomph” to last all day.So, I applied Moroccanoil® Volumizing Mousse ($28)
- After shaking the can well, I inverted the can and applied a palm-sized amount on my towel-dried hair, combing fingers through to distribute product evenly.
- To solve my frizzy-hair challenge (eeek!), I applied Moroccanoil® Treatment Light ($43). OXO! It comes in a fancy box too (it was Tiffany blue!).
- This product advertises that it can be used for a number of different reasons…it conditions, speeds up drying time and brings back lost protein to add “strength” to the hair with fatty acids, omega 3 oils and vitamins to add shine. Now that’s a lot to live up to!
- I worked a small amount of the exotically scented product, starting at my cotton-candy ends and up my hair. To my surprise, this “magic in a bottle” did all what it advertises, WITHOUT weighing down my hair. Gasp!
- Next, I started blowdrying small sections with my round brush, starting at the roots.
- After I have my hair blown out, I set my style with the Moroccanoil® Luminous Hairspray Medium ($23).
- It says you can spray this on roots before styling for extra volume- I’m going to try that next time!
What products have you tried to diminish the number of bad hair days you wake up to?